Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday - June 1

The first thing I do each morning as I wake is look out to the river to take in the many changing faces of the great body of water. Today I was greeted by low hanging gray clouds and a heavy rain. I could see a Canada goose family trying to eat at the river's edge. Mother, Father and two young ones were the only action to be watched.

The ship traffic was slow again all day. Last night after I posted the blog, two ships passed in the dark. The first was a 1,000 footer but I couldn't identify it.

The first boat I saw today wasn't until after 4 PM. There was one earlier but I missed it because I was fixing breakfast-which just proves that I'm spending too much time in the kitchen.

Today's traffic included the Maritime Trader upbound at 4:11, followed by the American Integrity. Downbound was the H. Lee White and the John G. Munson.

Right now I'm watching the orange Coast Guard small rescue boat heading down stream. It was out front this morning and rendezvoused with another CG boat. I need to learn the names of those boats and what they are used for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your posts! I would love to be able to sit and watch the ships and the activity. Hope you continue to share!

Soo Boat Watcher said...

Thanks Cathy. I was just looking for your latest post when your comment arrived. I like to start my day reading Yooper Yarns because it always gets me laughing, remembering or thinking. Looks like I'm going to be able to work outside today without freezing. The weeds are so high in my flower gardens.