Saturday, June 27, 2009

Boat Traffic for Friday 6-27-09

Since I'm back in town, I'm working very hard to get caught up on my work-both inside and outside the cabin. Actually, I have two vegetable gardens this summer and I didn't plant either of them. My father did the one I have in the Soo and my daughter and husband planted the one here at the cabin. But I promise to take care of them. I haven't had a vegetable garden in years so I'm looking forward to enjoying them all summer.

So yesterday seemed like a busy day on the river because I had to keep stopping and recording what I saw out front.

Here is what I saw:
Maxima
Lake Guardian
Paul R. Tregurtha
Algocape
Algosoo
Edwin H. Gott
Edgar B. Speer
Michipicoten
American Integrity
J.W. Shelley

The Presque Isle just went down this morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! Didn't you go to Engineers Day at the Locks? We went and it was a perfect day! Lots of ships, friendly crews, the whole shootin' match. The crew on the Gott even threw ice cream sandwiches to the crowd!

Bill K. said...

Today (6/27/09) has been a busy afternoon. I took my camera down to the St Marie's River at the Rotary Park. I got pictures of the BBC Rhine down bound at 3:30 PM. The Tug Erika Kobasic was up bound at 4:00 PM and is presently tied up at the dock next to Alfred Park in the Sault. She was followed up bound by the James R Barker at 4:20PM and the Ocean goer Isolda (Polsteam) Polish registry out of Limassol at 4:55 PM

Anonymous said...

I hope when Dan and I are finally able to sell our park that we can attend the Engineers Day. Channel 9 & 10 covered it a bit on the news and it looks like so much fun...and educational too!

Bill K. said...

It's been a long wet day today...Sunday 6/82/09...only boat I got to see was the John J Boland down bound in to the locks at 6:10 PM. I went down to Barbeau for awhile this afternoon. I'd only been there once before. Went down the river on the dead end road. Really nice drive. Lots of Resorts in that area. Saw a young deer just strolling along the road. Didn't seem afraid of the cars at all. Pretty young thing. Turned around at the dead end and went up river until the road dead ended again. Some really nice houses and rive side camps in that area. The Neebish Island Ferry and the river cut was interesting to see. I think that is my second choice after the Sault for living....lol...good place to river watch.

Soo Boat Watcher said...

Cathy, I bet there are lots of things that you and Dan are looking forward to doing when you have more time. I had a trip across the UP last week and there was so much to see that I have enough on my 'to do' list for another week next year. Will you have time in Texas off the job to allow you to explore that area?

Anonymous said...

Dan and I only have to work 10 hours per week each while in Texas so we should have plenty of time to explore. And even though we have to work 24 while in N. Carolina, there still should be plenty of time for exploring that area too.