Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rock Cut Picture & Painting











Last weekend I attended the 40th wedding anniversary party of some friends. I had been a bridesmaid in their wedding and it was one of the first trips that Tom, my future husband, had made to visit me here in the Sault.

At the party, I was reacquainted with Randy Krause who had also been a bridesmaid in the wedding. I had not seen her since the wedding. We found that we both lived on the St. Marys River not far from each other. Some things have changed in 40 years and we found that we are both on Facebook. When I got home, I sent a friend request which Randy accepted. Randy posted the picture I have above on Monday and gave me permission to share it with my blog friends. But she took it a step further and painted the picture in one day. She is selling the painting for $200 at the Sault Art Festival in a week. If it goes to the gallery, she said it will cost $300.

If you are interested in more information, just email me and I'll send you the contact info.

No comments: