Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back at My Post

Canadian Enterprise heading down bound on June 1, 2011
 My husband and I arrived back at our cabin on the St. Marys River on Monday.  When we drove down the driveway we were greeted with the effects of a wind storm earlier in the spring.  We had received calls from the neighbors telling us that there were trees down but we weren't prepared for what we saw.  There was a tree across the driveway and several more in the yard including one on our neighbor's garage.

So our first few days at the cabin will be tree removal and clean-up.  But I've had some time for boat watching.  This morning, the Edwin H. Gott and the Walter J. McCarthy Jr. passed each other in view from my recliner while drinking my morning coffee.  That is the way summer is supposed to be.













No comments: