Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Swim of the Season



Two of my grandchildren are here for a special time with Grandpa & Grandma. Yesterday the sun finally picked out from the clouds and it warmed up quickly. It wasn't long before they were politely asking if there was any chance of being able to go into the water. I told them it would probably be very cold but they were welcome to try.

I went out to test the temperature of the water with them and it was very warm. The water remains shallow for quite a ways out and it was lovely.

They were having great fun in the water when they discovered that it was fun to cover themselves with mud and then run out and rinse off. I have pictures of their dad doing the same thing thirty years ago. Fun never gets old!

4 comments:

Scott's Ramblings said...

Nice Pic's. Makes me miss being up there even more. If I look I am sure I can find a couple of pic's of me doing the same thing, on a little beach on Neebish Island about 35 years ago or so.

Soo Boat Watcher said...

Scott, The only thing that seems to change is the water level. But kids having fun in the water sure doesn't change.

Anonymous said...

How close are you to Sherman park? Looks kinda close judging from the pictures..

Tom from Bay City
Lil' Ficks Produce

Soo Boat Watcher said...

Sherman Park is above the Locks and we've below the Locks near 9 Mile Point. Actually Sherman Park has a much better beach. It was sandy when I was growing up. I loved to go there.