Saturday, December 20, 2008

J P Morgan Jr.-2


I received an interesting email this week from Jack Wainio of Wellington Ohio. He sent this photo of the J P Morgan Jr.

Hello,
My father ,Harry Wainio, had this photo with his photo album. I know my father was on the David M. Weir in 1948. The back of the photo has a stamp "ACME PHOTO SHOP 1808 TWEED St. SAULT STE. MARIE, MICH."

This brings up two questions in my mind. 1) What is the history of the David M. Weir? 2) I haven't heard of the Acme Photo Shop in Sault Ste. Marie. Does anyone remember this business?

I had previously research the Morgan and found it was damaged in a collision in dense fog near the Apostle Islands. You can read about it at J P Morgan, Jr.

If you have any answers, please forward them by commenting here or emailing me at saultboatwatcher@gmail.com Thanks to Jack Wainio for sending this interesting information.

No comments: