Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quiet Day for June 13, 2013






Mesabi Miner-1,000 footer

 Burns Harbor and American Spirit salute while passing
As always, our Canada geese enjoy boat watching!
My day started around 5:30 am.  The first thing in my morning routine is to look out at the river for boats and geese.  If there are geese, I make sure they aren't coming close to our yard.  They do come into our yard frequently.  I don't see them but I see evidence that they have been there.

Today there were no geese but the St. Clair was moving silently up the river.  Some boats are very noisy and I can hear their engines chugging for a while.  But the St. Clair was just gliding by as the sun came peeking up over Sugar Island.  It was a peaceful way to start my day.

My next step is then to start the coffee maker which I set up the night before.  I read today that research is showing that 1 - 3 cups of coffee daily will help prevent dementia and Alzheimer's.  I certainly am doing my part for my future mental health.

No comments: