Monday, July 26, 2010

Sixteen Boats Today

The July full moon coming up over the river last night

The Beluga Fidelity

McKee Brothers upbound this morning

The geese are hard to scare off this time of year. Their babies are all grown up.

Today has been a busy day on the St. Marys River. We were just relaxing today after a very busy six weeks of company and moving. So I had lots of time to watch all the comings and goings. This has been a perfect summer day with lots of activity in the river. Here's the list of what I saw.
James R. Barker
Mesabi Miner
Edwin H. Gott
Great Lakes Trader
Joseph L. Block
McKee Sons
Walter J. McCarty Jr.
Beluga Fidelity
Peter R. Cresswell
Spruceglen
Zeus
Sam Laud
Pineglen
Rt. Hon. Paul J. Martin
Pineglen
Montrealais

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean the shipping on the Great Lakes is making a recovery?

Soo Boat Watcher said...

I think we could use the boat count as an economic indicator. Then I could become an pundit on TV and talk about how the number of ships passing our cabin indicates the economy is rebounding! But I'm not sure about that but I do know that shipping is up this season and that is good.