Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday, May 30

We finally moved up to the Soo on Friday. Every year so many things seem to hold us back and this year was no exception. It was so good to arrive and find things in good shape. It is always a question if the well is going to be working and the if the water heater is actually going to start. One year we did burn out the elements by hooking up the power before there was water in the water heater. That isn't a good idea.

The big question is always have is if there is going to be damage from little friends like mice, chipmunks and squirrels. This year is was minimal or at least what I have noticed so far.

We haven't been able to get our internet/cable/phone hooked up yet. It looks like it will happen on Wednesday so I'll be able to tweet, facebook and blog again to my heart's content.

Here are a few pictures I took this morning. I'm sitting at my brother's right now watching the NASCAR race and thanks to his wireless, I'm on-line for the time being. It is great.

Canadian Transport in the morning sun near 3 Mile Road on Riverside Drive.

The American Spirit waiting for clearance to enter the Locks. Of course we have to drive by the Locks before going to church.

We are anxious to get out to our favorite restaurants like Clydes very soon. I'll keep you informed.



Bill K. said...

Welcome Home for the Summer. Glad you didn't have too much damage this year. I had my second operation on Friday (The placed a stint into the tube coming out of the Right kidney) and believe me when I tell you it hurts. I go back to the doctors on the 8th. I'm hoping he will remove he Stint so I can get back to doing things. I've been listening to the scanner for the boat check in, but haven't been able to get to the river.
Welcome Home.

Cathy Clementz said...

Haven't been to Clyde's in AGES! We usually opt for the Chinese buffet place. Love the shots! Hope you guys get some of the rain we got (not much, but enough to tick off the ants and make their hills wet!)