Sunday, March 28, 2010

Changes to the "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

A recent piece in the Chicago Sun-times states that Gordon Lightfoot is going to change the lyrics of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". The change will be made because new research has determined that the Fitz was sunk by a rouge wave. What do you think? Can you handle a change after all the years of singing the haunting melody. Actually just a few words will be changed but we old folks may not transition to such a change.





2 comments:

Jen said...

Kind of lame. Just because a tv show says so doesn't prove it "definitive." While I love the History channel and their shows, I don't think they are the end all and be all of Great Lake science.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that because I probably wouldn't have known otherwise...but I agree with Jen...I've watched pretty much all the documentaries on TV about the Fitz and for one thing, I thought they always referred to a 30'+ wave, not 50. I may have missed something.