Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Following the Passages


I have been coming to this spot on the St. Marys River for over 50 years, ever since I was born. I never cease to be fascinated by the passage of the boats. As a youngster I had a Know Your Ships book to identify the ships by their smokestacks. I wasn't allowed to use the binoculars. Now I own this place on the river and I have a telescope to view the ships. I can see much more than their smokestacks.


The American Integrity passed upbound this afternoon. Thanks to the Internet, I can follow its travels. I know that it is bound for Duluth/Two Harbors to pick up ore. I use the http://www.boatnerd/ information for vessel passages. If any of you fellow boat watchers know better ways for following the passages of the boats, please share with us.

No comments: